Home About IdeasShop!Submit IdeaAdvertise Advertise

7.15.2009

Christmas in July

There seems to be a trend of celebrations in July being named "Christmas in July". So, I thought this would be a fun theme for a date night, too!

Here's a few items you may want to pull out of storage....

- a strand or two of lights
- stockings
- wrapping paper
- any other holiday decor that's easy to put up and make your room look Christmasy/Wintery with
- makeshift "mistletoe"

Then....

Crank the AC (to make for a chilly, winter night), get into some pajamas, and welcome your spouse home with "Merry Christmas!" After you get a funny look from them, point to the fake mistletoe (a picture of it will do) above you. When he/she is all setted, accompany them back to your room which is decked out in holiday decor (well, enough to get the idea, anyway). Have some holiday music playing and have him/her open a little gift you got for them or maybe their stocking with some fun and simple stocking-stuffer type items. Make a treat that is normally reserved only for the holidays for you both to enjoy while you watch your favorite holiday movie.

C'mon...this one is totally do-able and fun. AND, it would be totally unexpected!

12 comments:

Katie Lane said...

This is an awesome idea! I just may do it :)

Dee said...

Hey this one made me giggle.

Visiting from SITS

Unknown said...

This is another fabulous idea!

A. Kerr said...

I love this one! I can do it now even on bedrest (with a little help of course). Thanks!

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

so cute, hopefully I can try it soon!

Shanny said...

This is such a funny and FUN idea!!! My husband would just crack up the whole time lol

Rebecca is Thrilled by the Thought said...

Cute idea! But I hate winter- and want to avoid thinking about it for as long as possible. =)

Hilary said...

I love your blog! Such creative ideas. Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind if I stop by more often!

Becca said...

love it. :)

Rhiannon Bosse said...

oh look at you go sista!!! fab idea; I love it :)

Kathryn said...

Cute idea!!

:: ashley :: said...

so cute, love the idea! cher- you're a genius!