My husband is from Las Vegas so, naturally, a great many of our vacations have led us there. Lately, going to Vegas is all he talks about! ...but, living on the East Coast doesn't make that very easy. So, with a little help from my local iParty store, Vegas came to us!
Don't forget the sun and the swimsuits!
...and blue food coloring for the water.
strip poker or lover's gambling anyone? see below for details.
(Our bed was enclosed in this "cabana" with candles all around)
CABANA/FANCY HOTEL SUITES
Looks fun, right? It was.
If you're still curious about how to do a Vegas Night, here's some options:
1. Fine Dining: splurge a little on a fancy home-cooked meal...don't forget dessert
2. Pool - check the $store or party store; put BLUE food coloring drops in the tub
3. Cocktails - Martinellis Sparkling Cider is our favorite; grocery store, $store, party store for umbrella toothpicks; wine glasses = $store
*play strip poker - whoever loses the round, loses their clothes...one piece at a time! this link is semi-useful in teaching you how to play 5-card poker...it's really quite simple, but instructions always seem to complicate things!
*play 'lover's gambling': basically, poker minus the money. Establish some reward for whoever wins (our was a 15 minute massage). Play with pennies, poker chips, m&ms, etc.)
*Put up Christmas lights in your "casino" area for the bright lights of Vegas
5. Cabana/Suite - Get some white sheets, use tall lamps, or whatever to make yourself a cabana. Use lots of tealights (be sure to put a square of wax paper under each one)!
* I suggest one with a Vegas theme. Here are some examples:
- What Happens in Vegas
- Oceans 11, Oceans 12, Oceans 13 (ooh..i like them all!)
- Lucky You - with Drew Barrymore
- Vegas Vacation - 1997
- Rat Race - 2001
- Honeymoon in Vegas - 1992
6. Other husband-approved options: pole dancing, lap dance.... If you dare. I did not.
How much did all this cost me? Including the food, about $20. Now, before you go runnning to the store, be sure to ask friends to borrow items (movies, beach stuff, props. etc)! A few bucks here and there really add up!
And that's it. No gambling to it...you're guarenteed to hit the jackpot on Vegas Night!