Home About IdeasShop!Submit IdeaAdvertise Advertise

12.16.2009

Christmas Lights Date

Are you ready for Christmas?

Wouldn't it be great if the presents bought themselves...and wrapped themselves, and Christmas dinner magically appeared on the table, and you just had time to cuddle up and watch the snow fall?
Yeah right.

Even though there's much to be done around the holidays, reserve one night to go out for a romantic evening of christmas light viewing. Drive through local neighborhoods and pick out your favorite lighted houses. Take along some hot chocolate (or pick some up from the convenience store) and have holiday music playing in the car.

{editor's note: this is not my house, though it is lovely}

I know this may not be some of your husbands favorite pick, but hey, sometimes they gotta give a little! I'll be dragging my husband along with me this year. :) How's that for romantic?

8 comments:

Muznah said...

what a sweet idea :) although my hubby's in America for business and I'm afraid he'll get to see all the lights without me. Oh well.

Cher said...

there's always next year...or the next. :)

Kathryn said...

My family did that for years when we were kids! I hope to make it a tradition with my kids too! :)

Unknown said...

I love doing this... The BF and I have already done this twice this month =}

Anonymous said...

My husband and I go on Christmas Eve directly following the Christmas Eve service. When I was younger my family did that. We would turn the radio off and just sing our hearts out with whatever Christmas song we wanted to sing. This isn't my husband's favorite part of Christmas Eve, but he hummers me and we still go.

The Undomestic Mom said...

We do that every year and its by far my favorite date night ever! Love your blog!

Keith and Nancy said...

This is by far my favorite date, my husband and I did this for our first date and try to do it each year on the same night. Such a great date!

Unknown said...

My husband and I began dating on Dec 5 and by Dec 26 were talking marriage. We spent almost every night those 3 weeks talking and looking at lights as we drove through Vegas neighborhoods. It was a great courtship. We still love to look at lights as a family because it takes us back to those weeks of dating.