Since, I don't have a picture of that, I made a box for him and created a poem for the top.
I bought this cardboard-type box at Michael's for $1 and covered it with scrapbook paper, and painted the sides of the box-top.
Here's some ideas for what to put inside:
- notes of encouragement (for a rough day)
- write the things you love the most about them
- write about a favorite memory you share together
- fun little trinkets/objects that will make them laugh (my hubby put little temporary tattoos in mine...I have no idea why...but they were fun!)
- If they are really close with their family, ask their mom/dad/siblings to write them a little note to contribute to the box
- their favorite candy/treat
- love coupon(s) (see "love coupon" post)
Make sure they know that they can take out only 1 or 2 items each time they open it---not the whole box at once! (unless you REALLY REALLY made them mad...then, let them have at it!)
Cheap, Cute, Romantic.
PS--I have linked this post over to ManicMother as my "Manic Martha Moment" contribution and to Today's Creative Blog's "Get Your Craft On Tuesday" Check them both out!